Friday, July 3, 2015

Links for the Higher Ed Crowd



Several of my favorite blogs feature end –of-week link roundups, and I thought this would be something fun to do with regard to higher ed-related pieces.  Hope you enjoy the ones below! 

Fellow grammar nerds (or those who need to brush up on their skills!) will enjoy this New York Times quiz. Brings me back to my editing days!

It was super exciting to learn about this appointment at my alma mater, Colby College. 

Who knew they talked about fashion in the Chronicle of Higher Education? These tips on what to wear for a summer job interview, complete with images (including a picture from Clueless—day made!), are certainly useful for us females in the field. 

I may be biased because I grew up in the DC area, but the Washington Post’s education section is home to amazing reporters and tons of interesting stories related to higher-ed. This powerful story is about a transgender student making history on Harvard’s swim team. 

This piece about mistakes higher ed candidates make during the job search is definitely a good one to keep on hand for the years to come. Funnily enough, it was written by a woman I had interviewed for a newspaper article about Colby’s search for a new VP of Development.   

No comments:

Post a Comment