Friday, July 10, 2015

Links for the Higher Ed Crowd, Round 2

July 4th has come and gone, and Friday is here once again. Below, I’ve included five links that are worth a read. Enjoy!

An interesting read on college location, something that didn’t really impact my search (other than that I found Colby’s campus absolutely beautiful). Though I didn’t attend school in (or even near) a major city, I was able to pursue internships in other locations (DC and NYC) over the summer. As for Starbucks? I didn’t have a car on campus, so traveling to places other than the dining hall was rare—and made for a less expensive lifestyle. 

A glimpse into the responsibilities of an admissions director at Fairfield University. 

A different take on this spring’s ESPN article on former Penn student Madison Holleran. This well-written piece explores the issues that can stem from publicizing certain aspects of her story.

Check out my latest GSE blog post, regarding advice for older Ph.D. candidates, who face their own set of challenges as they enter the job market. 

Serving beer at football games? Seems normal in the professional sports world, but in the college stadium it poses different challenges. The University of Maryland is going to experiment with offering alcohol this fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment