Monday, June 15, 2015

Weekend Report

I thought this type of post would be a fun way to share some updates about life outside the office/classroom. After all, there is a ton to do in Philadelphia, and even those of us living on a student budget and scheduling our lives around homework can find ways to take advantage of the opportunities nearby! Here are a couple of places I tried this weekend:


After walking by Federal Donuts a couple of times and reading some of its reviews online, I decided to try it out myself. (I figured I deserved to, since I wasn't able to participate in National Donut Day the week before!). The shop offers several types of donuts, but I decided to go with classic chocolate glaze. Their cold brew iced coffee was worth a try, too. Yum!


On Saturday night, I met up with my friend and fellow full-time student Anna at El Rey, an awesome, new-to-me Mexican restaurant in Center City. I LOVE guacamole and theirs did not disappoint! It was the perfect way to start a night out.


The rest of the weekend was spent squeezing in a few workouts, getting stuck in the elevator in my apartment building (eek!), doing readings for class, planning for an upcoming paper, and meeting with my group to prepare for a presentation we're doing in our summer class. The other day, one of my colleagues who completed my program a few years ago was joking that at GSE, everyone is the type of person who likes to "take charge" during a group project. This definitely isn't a bad thing!

Stay tuned for more posts later this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment